Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quote For the Day

President Monson wisely said, "It is necessary to prepare, to plan, so that we don’t fritter away our lives. Without a goal, there can be no real success. The best definition of success I have ever found goes something like this: Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. Someone has said the trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never crossing the goal line...Make certain as you prepare that you do not procrastinate. Someone has said that procrastination is the thief of time. Actually, procrastination is much more. It is the thief of our self-respect. It nags at us and spoils our fun. It deprives us of the fullest realization of our ambitions and hopes." Thomas S. Monson, “Three Gates Only You Can Open,” New Era, Aug 2008, 2–6

I love quotes and this one really hit home for me today. I have a big test on Tuesday and I am being a bit of a procrastinator, because here I am blogging when I really should be studying while my kids are at school, so that I can spend more time with them in the evening. Now I am going to go study while I have two hours left before the girls get home. Everyone have a great day.

2 comments:

LoriT said...

Fantastic quote! I especially like the part about procrastination. Good luck on your test!

Allie said...

Thanks Lisa, I loved this quote and I needed this today. Love the pics' of Tiff at work too. I'm sure she loved that. :)