Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ashley and Mike's Shoe Rack Project

Now why would the Chambers household need a shoe rack you ask? This started about three weeks ago the conversation went like this:

Tiffani: Dad I really need a shoe rack for my shoes. Can you take me shopping for one?
(we all know if we need something dad is the one to take shopping.)
Mike: Well, how about this lets build one. You help me build it and I'll buy the supplies for your shoe rack.
Ashley: Okay, I would like to help you do that. I would like a shoe rack too.
Tiffani: Do we really have to.
Mike: Ashley will get the first shoe rack, since she was the first to say she would help.
(Disclaimer: I may not have all the words, word for word but I am sure I am close.)

Mike had Friday off and that night he and Ashley started their project.

Ashley with the power tool. She is such a great helper.

What a fun father/daughter project!


The finished product. Doesn't it look so nice.
Mike and Ashley did an awesome job. Ashley was the only that helped her dad finish the shoe racks. When I saw what they were doing I asked if I could replace my shoe rack and get one of these fancy ones, and they had already made me one. I was so excited !!!!Here is my shoe rack. I think I may need to get some more shoes to put on my new shoe rack.

6 comments:

Allie said...

I want one! I just don't have enough shoes to fill it. :( Good job Ashley and Mike!

Julie said...

Hey those are really nice shoe racks! Very impressed!! What do I need to do to have Mike build me one? Ashley is learning some mad skillz!

Julie said...

Hey Mike & Lisa,
I still think we need to plan a couples trip somewhere. Canada was really fun! We should go on a cruise to Alaska!!! What do you think??

The Chambers Family said...

A cruise to Alaska would be a blast. My vote would be either Alaska or somewhere tropical with some scuba diving (or at minimum snorkeling.) Mexico would have both beach and hiking to ruins. The biggest problem for us is what to do with the kids.

David said...

Looks good!

Tami said...

never mind the shoe rack - I want all of your shoes!
Your wife's rack looks good Mike!:)