Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another ICE STORM and A DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL!!!

Tuesday we started to get some freezing rain, my afternoon class at the college got canceled and then the school district canceled all the after school programs too. The weather was predicted to get worse as the night went on. Tuesday night as we went to bed they announced that school would be delayed, but when we woke up that morning school had be canceled for the whole day. We had about an 1/8 of an inch of ice. So what do you do on your bad weather day off?

1st you go and check out how much ice you have to see if you can slide around.

Then realize that it is only 19 degrees and its a little to0 cold to be outside and decide to go in and wait till it warms up a bit. ( I know we have become a little sensitive to the cold weather.)

Some of us play or work on the computer.
Some of us color or draw.
Some of us decided to cook.
Then some of us decided that it had warmed up enough to go outside and play. The gate was frozen shut we couldn't get it opened.
Sliding down the driveway is the best place for sliding.
Courtney wanted to go visit a friend, I told her if she would scrap the ice off the windows so that I could see when I drove I would take her. It took her about an hour to get enough off so that I could see. That was even with the defrost running for about 20 minutes. She was pretty determined to go and visit her friend.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Crazy! I would rather have the snow, the ice would be too much for me. I can't believe Kylie is 8 either, time goes way too fast. I wish that we could come. :(

Julie said...

Yeah, ice storms don't sound too fun. But it's always nice to get the day off school eh?

Ramsey said...

All of your ice day pictures reminds me of when I was little. I can remember a day school was cancelled and my friends and I all went around our street sliding on the driveways! Those were GREAT memories for me~ Looking at your pictures reminds me of how much I liked living in Texas when I was younger!

Aimee Memory said...

Wow, we haven't had school cancelled here yet this year due to weather. Looks like a cold day!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow, you drove on those icy roads to take Courtney to a friends? Your a brave gal;)
We had a "snow day" here in Vernal this week. It was the first one since we moved here. It's always fun to have the kids home;)