Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kylie, Mike and My Dad's Birthday!!!!

Kylie snuggling up to her Grandpa.

Kylie thinks its pretty great to share her birthday with her Grandpa Christensen. She was glad that he was able to come and be here with her on her 8th birthday. She was glad that both her grandparents were her to share her birthday and her baptism. What a fun birthday party to remember.
That day she woke up she opened her presents, she got new earrings, and a new Nintendo ds game. Grandpa and Grandma Chambers came with me to have lunch with Kylie and bring her class doughnuts. When she got home from school she came with me to go and pick up Grandpa and Grandma Christensen from the airport. We got home ate yummy tacos as that was what Kylie picked for her birthday dinner. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Kylie, Grandpa Christensen and Mike since his birthday was on Sunday. We played Hokie 6, our favorite family game.The cake for the three of them.
Playing Hokie 6.
To my Dad: Here's a poem for you.
You Da Man!
Ever since my life began,
I realized that "You da man!"
I saw your wisdom, your courage too,
And I learned I could rely on you.
Your tolerant nature was really great;
Nevertheless, you'd not hesitate
To let me know when I'd been bad
It must have been hard, but that's being a dad.
You're strong and smart and filled with love--
A gift to me from up above.
So here's a greeting from your biggest fan:
Happy Birthday, Dad, cause "You da man!"
By Karl Fuchs

Thanks Dad for being such a great father! What an example you are to me.
To my Kylie: Happy Birthday. I love this song, it makes me think you.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

To Mike: I love you!!! Happy Birthday


What a wonderful husband you are!
I love you in every way.

Just look how we've gotten this far,
and getting better every day.

You mean the world to me
and yet so much more.

Here's hoping your birthday
will be one you'll adore..

3 comments:

A. Burge said...

Wow - you had a lot of company! How fun to have both sets of grandparents there to celebrate. I've never heard of that card game but it looks fun!

Allie said...

Wow is right! Whew! Big post and lots of happenings!
I wish we were better at the birthday thing...Happy belated Birthday Kylie and Mike!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS KYLIE on your baptism, even though I heard you weren't feeling the greatest.
Lisa, sweet post about your Dad, you made me cry...
Love you all!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What fun to have family come to visit. Looks like you all had a great celebration. Happy Birthday to everyone!!