Saturday, August 23, 2008

Using My New Mixer

My mixer that I am really loving.

I have been very excited to use my mixer and try making bread and other fun things. My first attempt at using my mixer I decided was going to be baking cinnamon rolls. I have only made these a couple of times, and that was a long time ago, (at least 11 years or so). The girls and I had fun, although Kylie thought that they took to long to make.
Okay, so I got a little confused on the instructions for the butter, sugar, cinnamon mix in the middle and we ended up making a butter, sugar and cinnamon paste, but it stilled worked and the cinnamon rolls tasted great.
Don't they just look yummy??!!!!

Then my good friend, Katie, and I attempted to make some whole wheat bread. That didn't work at so well. It seems when ever I try to make bread or rolls it just doesn't work. The problem or problems could have been that the wheat flour wasn't fresh, the recipe we were using was a little weird, and I just don't know how to make bread. The bread really didn't rise and it was hard and yucky tasting.

Katie found a better recipe for me and so I decided to try it. Here is the reward for my labor. Doesn't this bread look so delicious? Let me tell you it was pretty darn good. My family tells me that I did a great job. I might even get my Kylie to start eating whole wheat bread. With my mixer it has an auto knead which is so nice and it was all done in less then two hours. I love it!! I can't wait to try and make rolls and some more bread. Oh, and I used fresh ground whole wheat this time maybe that was the secret to my bread success, or was it the recipe? Maybe I'll have to try one without their other and see which one makes the best bread.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!