Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow

Should I be Happy or Sad that school starts tomorrow? Some of my friends are super happy that school is starting and others are really sad. I am having mixed emotions about the girls going off to school tomorrow. Here are some of my happy and sad feelings:
1. I am getting tired of hearing I am bored, what can I do,(besides clean mom!!)
2. I love hanging out with my girls, we have so much fun together, making each other laugh, cooking,watching the home decorating shows and talking about stuff. So I will miss them terribly.
3. The cooking though has added about 10 lbs to me, so I am glad that wont be happening as much, although I will miss those chocolate chip cookies.
4. When they start school, it means that I will start school too. (Not sure if this is a happy or sad thought. I love learning but don't love the test.)
5. I worry about them as they are away from me. Like will the other kids being nice to them, will they like their teachers, and will they eat all their lunch and like it. (Hopefully they wont get tired of PBJ sandwiches. I may have to get a little creative with lunch.) (Any good ideas?)
I am happy that they are starting school, so that they can continue to learn and grow socially, and I am sad that they will be gone all day from me and I wont be their to protect them from the world. I guess that's why I am really glad that we have summer vacations and the breaks throughout the year so that we can appreciate each other and enjoy the times that we do have together.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'm excited now, but that might change when the kids are all a little older. Love the new background! Good luck with your classes!