Monday, June 2, 2008

Mike's Job and other Fun Stuff

Starting in April AMI is now ON. As for now the change of the company will not effect us. We are really glad that Mike's job is safe for a while.


Tornadoes: After living in Texas for almost four years now, we had our first real tornado warning with sirens going off. There were actually two times this happened. The first one happened on a Monday afternoon the girls had just gotten home from school that is (Ashley and Kylie) and I had just started teaching piano lessons. Now mind you it is raining pretty crazy and hail starts coming down next the sirens goes off. I get the kids in the closest and then go and look out the window wondering if we are really in danger and maybe I should be in the closet too. One of my student tells me he is wondering if they are safe in my closest with my shoes and hopes one doesn't hit him in the head. I call my piano students mom and she tells me that there has been a tornado sighted and to get in the closest, so we wait about 20 minutes later the sirens stop and we proceed with lessons. When I call Mike and ask him to look at the weather for me he tells me I will be okay and its not that big of deal. Later, we did find out that there really had been a tornado it never touched down but it was very close to us. As this is going on I am worried about Tiffani and Courtney, it was my friends day to pick them up hoping that they are okay. They where fine the schools hold the kids in the school till it is safe. The girls thought it was a little scary but exciting too.

The second tornado warning with the sirens going off was a week later on a Wednesday night more like a Thurs. morning around 4:00 a.m.. The rain was coming down and it was thundering like crazy. Mike gets up and is listening to his ham radio to hear all the stuff that is going on, Tiffani comes down and says she can't sleep the rain is keep her up, then Courtney wakes up, I tell them to leave me alone cause I am trying to sleep, about 10 minutes later the sirens go off and we are graping Ashley and Kylie, and the 72 hour kits and heading for the closet. This time it was very short and by 5:30 we were all back in bed. Although Ashley and Kylie just wanted to stay in my closet. Eventually they headed back up to their beds.



Courtney received an award from her teachers for "The Most Responsible Student". Courtney is a very responsible and hardworking student. She wants to do her best and puts forth her best work. I am so proud of her accomplishments and know that she can achieve anything that she puts her mind to. Courtney is a hard worker and is so full of life.



I don't know if any of you are Stephenie Meyer fans? Here in the Chambers house, us girls are huge fans. We just love Edward and Bella and can't wait to see what will happen. There was an opportunity to go to a Stephenie Meyer book signing of the "Host" her new book. (Which is very good if you are looking for a book to read.) Put on by Barnes and Nobles which was held at one of the High Schools. She would also sign any of her Twilight series books too. So all of our books have been signed by the author. The girls were excited to meet her but didn't want to wait in the line to have her sign the books. They wanted to leave after she was done talking to the everyone. I told them that I was staying and wanted to have her sign my books, but I guess if they wanted to leave they could. Because now Tiffani, has her real drivers license and doesn't need to have an Adult in the car with her anymore. What freedom. I think they were glad that they stayed and got to have Stephenie Meyer sign our books. Here are some pictures of that great day.

Stephenie Meyer signing books

Waiting in Line

We made it, Stephenie Meyer signing our books.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I'm super jealous of the book signing, but not of the tornadoes. YUCK!

Julie said...

Wow! Tornado warnings are a little scary aren't they. We only had one while we lived in TX. As for the book the Host, I almost bought it but hadn't hear anything about it. Now I'll have to read it, I'm with you on Edward and Bella! Sure miss you guys, SEE YOU SOON!