Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Birthday

It was my birthday March 1 and I turned the big 40. When my sister called to wish me Happy Birthday she asked if I felt older? I said "Don't they say you only feel as old as you act. So I feel like I am twenty-one. Okay maybe I really feel like I am at least thirty." I feel that turning forty is just reaching another milestone in life. The goal I am working on now is to be done with school before I am 45. I think I can do it.

Here are some fun quotes about turning 40:

Forty isn't old! Just ask anyone who has already reached that age.

Some of us age like fine wine, Others don't get older they get sharper, The idea is to think of your 40th birthday, as the beginning of the rest of your life.

Forty is the real Awkward Age, you are old enough to realize that you would look silly doing the things you are still young enough to wish you could do.
Robert M. Yoder

When you are forty half of you belongs to the past.
Jean Anouilh


Age is mind over matter, as long as you don't mind it don't matter.
Muhammad Ali

To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am
Bernard Baruch

At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all. (I wonder if I will think that when I turn sixty?)

You come to the conclusion that your worst enemy is gravity

A 'late night' now ends at 11 pm

You finally got your head together, now your body is falling apart.

Your mind makes contracts your body can't keep

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Happy Birthday, I think I must be the worst person in the world to remember birthdays but I know that most of ya'll have birthdays this month so Happy Birthday to you all. I really can't wait to see you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that you stay for at least a week :)

Allie said...

Man, we stink. I should have made a New Years Resolution to get a card out for everyone's birthday. Happy belated Birthday! And didn't you know that 40 is the new 30? That means that I'm turning 20 this year!

The Chambers Family said...

It is okay I am not really good about remembering others Birthday besides my kids lately.
I wish my body would think it is 30, instead of 40. I was trying to get out of the recliner chair the other day and I stand up and my leg doesn't want to move. I told Tiffani, I hate it when my body won't move when I want it to. I guess that is life.