Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mike and his New Toy

Mike got a new radio, this has become Mike's new hobby/ward calling is the ham radio.
He got this new radio for his birthday and has been busy learning all that it has to offer. Kylie says to her dad," You must really like your new toy." Mike, "Yes, I do why?" Kylie, "Cause your always playing with it."


I just thought this a little humorous because Mike has been for days walking around the house with his new radio and listening to it and trying new things, he even tried to bring it into our bedroom one night because he wanted to know how long the battery would last. That is when I had to put my foot down.



I can see why Kylie would ask her dad if likes his new toy because in her eyes she loves playing with her new toys and wants to play with them all the time. That is what she saw with her dad and his new radio. How observant our children really are of the things that are going on around them and what we are doing.




3 comments:

Julie said...

That is a cool radio, too bad I wouldn't have a clue as to how to use it! Hope your day has been a good one!

gretchen said...

I love it! Scott's dying to get a Ham radio since he passed his Technicians license. He checks them out daily. I'm sure he would be the same way.

iRubicon said...

Hey Mike and Lisa,

Gian just sent us a link to your blog, pretty cool.

Derek & Allyson Haynie

shoot us an email: derek(at)hayniefamily.com of course substitute an @ for the (at), trying to cut down on the computer generated spam.