Saturday, January 12, 2008

Menu for the Week of January 13-19

Here is my menu for the Week.
We could all post our menus and share recipes. I like to try new recipes so I'll share where I find the new recipe and you can either try it with us that week or wait and I'll tell you if we liked it or not.

Sunday-Meatballs with Rice/or Bread for Meatball Sandwiches I got the meatballs at Costco.

Monday- Chicken Chili and Cornbread (these is a new recipe so I am not sure if it is good)
Can find the recipe at http://www.pickypalate.blogspot.com/ Look under chili
This is the best cornbread recipe it's like a cake almost.
2 c. Flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 T. baking powder
1 and 1/2 cans evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4 c. oil
1 and 1/2 c. corn meal
Combine all ingredients and put in well-greased 9x13 pan. Bake 350 for 30 minutes

Tuesday- Leftovers (my busy day with school and piano students)

Wednesday-Taco Ranch Chicken Sandwiches ( also a new recipes I am trying. I found it from Picky Palate, she won a prize for this recipe but the recipe is at http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=14517

Thursday-Homemade Pizza and Salad ( my 2nd busy day with school and piano students)

Friday- Lasagna with garlic bread and salad

Saturday- leftovers

All of you have a great week.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the menu! I sure miss you guys. I exercised Saturday and today (Monday). My goal is to exercise at least every other day. It's hard for me on the days I work since my kids won't let go of me from the time I walk in the door until bedtime! I cleaned the floors today. Mopped, vacuumed..and that took me pretty much all day! I can't wait to try your cornbread recipe, I just made chilli!

The Chambers Family said...

I have exercised all this week except Tues and Thurs. I have class from 8:00-1:00 so I am trying to figure out when I am going to exercise on those days. You should try that chicken chili it was so yummy. My kids loved it.

Allie said...

How were the sandwiches? I'm dying to know! I found my new favorite website from link on pickpalate thanks to you, it's pioneerwomanscooks.com LOVE IT!!! Thanks lisa!

Allie said...

oops! It's thepioneerwomancooks.com

The Chambers Family said...

I haven't tried the sandwiches yet, we are having them tonight. But that soup was really yummy. I'll have to look at the pioneerwomancooks.com